Thanks for all the emails! It's nice to hear how everyone is doing. Sorry internet has been iffy the
past couple of days so we had to go to an internet cafe. Let's see today we had placements. I am
so in love with my kids! I really had missed them over the weekend so it was nice to be back. I
taught letters a through g to my 3 year olds.. then we let them practice drawing pictures and letters.
Some of them just look at the paper.. like what the heck do you want me to do? haha it was fun
teaching them how to draw and just the look on their faces when they finally got it was priceless.
The next half of the day I spend with my older kids. They know English a lot better so it's way
fun interacting with them. We made name tags for all the kids and now we're just trying to
find safety pins somewhere in town so they can wear them. They got really excited today when
I showed it to them though. As much as I miss you all I don't know how I'm going to leave my
kids... it will be very sad. So tomorrow after placements mom, Dana, Jen, and me are leaving on
our 3 day safari! I'll have to write all about it but from what we know so far we will get to see
the Maasai tribe as well. I'm so excited!! I don't know how excited mom is for the camping out
part of it but I'm sure she'll enjoy it. Every Wednesday we don't have placements so yesterday
we went to a Chagga tribe village, some caves, a sweet waterfall where we went swimming,
and some other markets and a nice hotel. It was a long day but so much fun. It's a very
different place here but I'm kinda hooked.. haha sorry dad but I want to come back here :) Oh
and no..... don't you dare cancel the ranch! We are still up for it 100%. Have you started food
shopping yet?? I can't wait to see you all up there! I hope everyone is well and I love and miss
you! You probably won't here from us till Monday.. kwa heri!
past couple of days so we had to go to an internet cafe. Let's see today we had placements. I am
so in love with my kids! I really had missed them over the weekend so it was nice to be back. I
taught letters a through g to my 3 year olds.. then we let them practice drawing pictures and letters.
Some of them just look at the paper.. like what the heck do you want me to do? haha it was fun
teaching them how to draw and just the look on their faces when they finally got it was priceless.
The next half of the day I spend with my older kids. They know English a lot better so it's way
fun interacting with them. We made name tags for all the kids and now we're just trying to
find safety pins somewhere in town so they can wear them. They got really excited today when
I showed it to them though. As much as I miss you all I don't know how I'm going to leave my
kids... it will be very sad. So tomorrow after placements mom, Dana, Jen, and me are leaving on
our 3 day safari! I'll have to write all about it but from what we know so far we will get to see
the Maasai tribe as well. I'm so excited!! I don't know how excited mom is for the camping out
part of it but I'm sure she'll enjoy it. Every Wednesday we don't have placements so yesterday
we went to a Chagga tribe village, some caves, a sweet waterfall where we went swimming,
and some other markets and a nice hotel. It was a long day but so much fun. It's a very
different place here but I'm kinda hooked.. haha sorry dad but I want to come back here :) Oh
and no..... don't you dare cancel the ranch! We are still up for it 100%. Have you started food
shopping yet?? I can't wait to see you all up there! I hope everyone is well and I love and miss
you! You probably won't here from us till Monday.. kwa heri!
| In the Chaaga cave |
| Entrance into the cave |
![]() |
| Chaaga hut |

No comments:
Post a Comment