We're alive! Everything is going great! Yesterday we were picked up at the airport by John our driver.
He drove us to the home base where we met Fulgence Msaki, Mama Fatuma, Lilian, and other staff.
Everyone was so welcoming and kind. We unpacked, rested, and met some previous volunteers who
were already here. The cadets arrived and we ate dinner after. The food is really good, definitely
different but not that much. We got to meet everyone and just hang out. Everyone is great! This
morning we had breakfast and had a house tour and town tour. I love everything about this place.
The town is a little crazy... because of all the haggling. Ok.. pretty crazy! Other than that it is great
and the cadets are very protective so it's great. The kids are my absolute favorite. Anywhere we go
they smile and wave at us. I can't wait to meet my kids in our placement! No language problem yet..
we've learned the basics for haggling and what not but it hasn't been too much of an issue. I just
cannot describe the feeling here! It is absolutely gorgeous and the people are amazing. I could live
here haha. Erika.. not mom. Last night was interesting... many sounds and creaking. Last night a
coconut feel on the roof.. which sounded like a gunshot! I saw a pretty big spider.. not bad and a
hedgehog. We drank coconut milk for the first time.. it was alright. The juice is soo yummy here..
fresh fruit constantly! So last night we heard dogs howling and fighting and many unknown animal
sounds.. it will take getting used to. The house and rooms are very nice! I don't know what else to
say but that I'm loving it! Love you all and miss you!
Love, mom & erika
No comments:
Post a Comment